You may be asking yourself, what are the advantages of using a professional real estate agent.
While the advice and experience of a qualified REALTOR® is invaluable here are 12 quick reasons that explain just how the services of a skilled REALTOR® can help you:
1. Your Idaho REALTOR® will help you determine your exact buying power including understanding how to use your financial reserves and your borrowing capacity. If you give your REALTOR® some basic information about what savings you have available and current income to debt ratio, they can refer you to lenders who are best qualified to help you.
2. Your Idaho REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options,identifying qualified, and understanding the terms of lenders and how they apply to you.
3. Your Idaho REALTOR® can assist you in the home selection process by providing objective and informative details about each property that interests you. Agents who are REALTOR®''s have access to a number of statistical and informational resources, as well as years of experience in the business in helping to spot and avoid potential pitfalls. Things to always consider are if the property will provide the environment you want for a home or investment, as well as if the property will have good resale value when you are ready to sell. A qualified REALTOR® will be able to help you gain insight into all of these important factors.
4. Your Idaho REALTOR® can help you negotiate effectively. There are hundreds of negotiating factors beyond price, financing, terms, date of possession as well as the exclusion or inclusion of repairs and furnishings. Your purchase agreement should always provide a period of time for you to complete the appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete your purchase. Your REALTOR® can also advise you at to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Your Idaho REALTOR® can provide due diligence during the evaluation period of the property. Depending on the area and the condition of the property this may include inspections for dry rot, termites and asbestos or other concerns. Your REALTOR® very likely already knows qualified professionals to do most of these types of investigations who will provide you with written reports for your records. You will also want preliminary reports on the title of the property - title indicates ownership of the property and can be full of confusing status information of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limits, for example easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR® will be able to help you resolve any issues that might arise and cause problems down the road.
6. Your Idaho REALTOR® has a number of resources to assist you in your home search. At times the property that best suits you may be available but is not actively advertised on the market. A progressive real estate professional will also be able to offer you a number of online home search options as well via their website or MLS info.
7. Your Idaho REALTOR® will prove invaluable throughout the home closing process as well, making sure that everything flows smoothly and in due time.
8. When it comes to selling your home your REALTOR® will be able to give you current market information on what is happening in the market and how to price your home competiviely as well as current financing terms and conditions of other properties in your area. These are all important factors in not only pricing your home to sell, but also to get the best returns for your investment.
9. A skilled Idaho REALTOR® will market your property not only to other real estate agents but also to the public - often online or through print media. They can also recommend repairs or cosmetic updates to your property that will significantly improve the salability of your property. Working with other REALTOR®''s through referals is a common way for agents to market listings for improved results and a faster more profitable sale - in fact over 50% of real estate agents work in "cooperative sales" with other agents. Your REALTOR® should act as your marketing coordinator, distributing information on your property to other agents and the public via their Multiple Listing Service as well as other online portals and print media.
10. Your Idaho REALTOR® will not only know when but also where and how to properly advertise your property. It''s a common misconception that advertising alone sells a home or property when in fact studies show that over 80% of real estate sales are the result of an agents contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, or personal contacts. Another added bonus is that when your property is marketed through your REALTOR® you don''t have to allow strangers into your home as your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. Your Idaho REALTOR® can help you evaluate every buyer''s proposal objectively without compromising your marketing prospects. This inital agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections, and financing -- all with their own possible pitfalls through which you will want a knowledgable REALTOR®''s assistance. In addition your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through this process.
12. Your REALTOR® will be an important part during the close of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing there will likely be questions that arise like unexpected repairs, or financing issues that may cloud the title process. The required paperwork alone can be overwhelming for even experienced sellers and your REALTOR® is the best person to help you resolve any issues in order to move smoothly through the transaction and closing.